-- Acidn'Bass -- -- Acidn'Bass --

Awesome loop, reminds me of Parasite Eve 1.

...and frankly, that's all it takes to please me. :) Great job.

X.-Hyperlogic-. X.-Hyperlogic-.

Great happy NG fodder. :)

Nice. :) I like the melody, and the way you wove it into a larger work. The techno mumbo-jumbo that kicks in around 1:10 is nice and smooth because it's just what's expected. The same goes for the sudden quiet purity around 1:45. 2:00's almost a little too slow, but then it picks up again and the beat is great from there on out. All things considered, a nice perky techno song with some cheerful acoustic piano. Great for the credits in one of those epic clock crew blockbusters they release once in a while, or just a shiny pick-me-up on your playlist.

XenoxX responds:

Yes I like to start of a songs slow then speed up some then slow in the middle for a big finale melody then a slow ending. Its kinda a habit not sure why tho.

Thanks for the review!

B0UNC3 remix - Snakeman - B0UNC3 remix - Snakeman -

I needle the artist a bit, but it scales well. :P

I love me some video game remixes. This isn't quite as pure as my favorite SnakeMan aural experience, Disco Dan's incredible Get Down SnakeMan, but it covers all the bases eventually. I wasn't a huge fan of the soft lead-in, nor the rough noise, and the improv in general is a little rave-y, kinda trying to turn the song into something it's not. But I guess you gotta let the artist have fun somewhere. I did actually enjoy it when the bass came into the foreground around 1:20. Overall, this is a decent cover of a classic, on par with most of what you'd find over at Overclocked, and it's gotten me intrigued as to the artist's original music.

The Most Inspiring Song Ever The Most Inspiring Song Ever

Best "Best Song Evar" song EVAR!

What can I say about this song? No matter how many times I hear it, it's still hilarious. I can't believe Jonathan Coulton didn't write it.

Some songs aspire to be the musical equivalent of crack. This song doesn't fuck around with that schoolyard shit. It's more like the musical equivalent of heroin. Once you start listening to it, you're hooked for life, and We Will Rock You won't even give you a buzz anymore.

I tried to think of any way to possibly make this song any more brazen than it already is. It wouldn't be easy. Probably your best bet would be to dub it over the Captain Hammer scenes from Dr. Horrible's Musical Sing-Along Blog, but then you run the risk of Nathan Fillion's ego collapsing in on itself, thus destroying both the movie and the song, along with the entire human race. (But not people inspired by the song, for whom a black hole devouring the earth would be but a trifle.)

Bezo needs to revisit this song and make it longer. It can't be that hard to make up another verse or two. In fact, just off the top of my head:

"You can do it, if you dare! Who's gonna stop you now?"
"You are the par-a-gon... of human achievement and everybody loves you!"
"You're totally better than all the rest! You're always there first and you always know best!"
"You're in-vinc-i-ble for all intents and purposes unless you choose not to be!"

God, now I'm jonesing. Excuse me while I screech the chorus at the top of my lungs into an echoey kitchen, secure in the knowledge that, because of this song, I can do no wrong. In fact, that's another good rhyme for the extended mix:

"Now you're the best, because of this song! Now that you know, you can do no wrong!"

Or would that be too meta?

Emotion of Technology Emotion of Technology

An interesting departure...

It sounded atonal at first, but it grew on me by the end of the first listen. If that's what trance is all about, inducing an almost hypnotic state of mind through music, then I think the genre is just about right.

It reminds me of a lot of OC remixes, but that's probably just because a lot of OC rmixers use 3xOsc in their songs. Specifically, ti made me think of Chrono Trigger and maybe a little Reading Rainbow thrown in, then when the backbeat jumps in, more Sonic the Hedgehog. The oldschool 16-bit stuff, not the Dreamcast re-imagining.

Props for the perfect looping! I didn't know it was possible for a song to loop that well in Flash!

World's Genre World's Genre

Solid integration REALLY improves this piece!

Johnny's come a long way with this one. The concept of the song is simple, but fun, and the execution is good and solid. This song feels "wholer" and more fleshed-out than his previous pieces. I'm giving this one a 10 because I think he took a simple ideal and polished it completely to the best of his ability. Overall, it's just a techno song, lyrics be damned, but it's a FUN techno song you can LISTEN to. How often does that happen?

Poopy Brains Doodoo Face Poopy Brains Doodoo Face

No respect.

Man, kids these days. You try and take some punk kid under your wing, make an effort to try and encourage his creative tendancies a little bit, what does it get you? Nothin' but grief.

That's gratitude for ya. :P

John burns an evening to create, wait for it... yet another techno song! This one is a little short, but at least it's not a loop. It features a quirky, pulsating backbeat that reminded me of Battletoads before he decided the working title "crazyfrogishsong" wasn't good enough for the epic release. (Protip: never disagree with a teenager when street cred is on the line.)

I guess we can only wait and see if a major label would like it. In the meantime you and some of your friends from school can get together and read this review and go "pshhh" and "that's harsh." and then say "I know" to each other a lot until your bruised egos feel better.

(Here's a little tip you'll discover on your own in college: the secret to overcoming all angst is to stop talking about your problems and go eat pancakes. No sadness can persist in the face of pancakes at 3AM! Grades, girls, arrest record, it all goes away when you realize "Holy shit, it's way past my bedtime and here I am in a diner ordering breakfast. This is impossible! Life ROCKS!")

Father-of-Death responds:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! God damn dude!

You sir are amazing.

Lay off the pancakes.

3OSC Fun! (Old) 3OSC Fun! (Old)

Oh yeah. XD Good shit!

Man, you shoulda called THIS one Gr34t 4 G4m35 or whatever! Just drop the fade at the end and let it be a loop, and it would fit right in with the demoscene. Damn straight it's fun.

-|\/|ighty |\/|ini |\/|idi- -|\/|ighty |\/|ini |\/|idi-

Now THIS sounds a little like video game music...

Maybe something out of Lemmings. Yeah, it sounds midiish, but you knew that. :) Maybe it's just me, but it seems like you combined a bunch of conflicting insturments, tempos, and styles that don't really have anything to do with each other. That said, you made it work somehow, because it doesn't sound BAD. Just very odd. The drums are reminiscient of a millitary march, the reeds sound lazy and sleepy, the flutes call to mind some sort of fariy critters, and the harp is out of place given these other sounds in here. It's a strange combination that has its own bizzare flavor to it.

-Joyful Glory- -Joyful Glory-

Ehhh, doesn't quite get where it was headed.

Starts off a little slow, and I'm not sure I agree with each of the changes in pitch, but it's a good effort. 1:38 to 1:50 abuses the shuddery sound effect, ruining any suspense it would have injected by hammering it into the ground.

This had the potential to be a really dramatic song about holy righteousness or something, maybe a theme for Paladin: 2238, or something, but it didn't quite pull it off IMHO.

Still, cosnidering Jon released this back in '06, I probably shouldn't be reviewing this late. If anything Jon's newer work just shows how far he's come in two short years.